February Half Term
Kids Go Free with a teddy bear
Saturday 17th daily to Sunday 25th February 2024
Enjoy a family steam train ride from Wirksworth this half term with our Teddy Bear Kids Go Free offer. Children can travel for free all day when they accompany any fare-paying adult or concession!
- The Station Cafe and Apollo Bar will be open for a service of hot and cold drinks, snacks, confectionary or alcoholic beverages
- Gift Shops
- The Model Railway will be open each day
- The Miniature Railway will be open at weekends
- A Vintage Fairground will be at Wirksworth Station on Sundays 18th and 25th (weather depending)
- There will be children's colouring activities available to take on the train
The National Stone Centre
Take the Ravenstor incline train from Wirksworth Station to Ravenstor to join the half term Family Fossil Trail at nearby The National Stone Centre which is taking place Monday to Friday.
- Adults - £21.50 (£19.50 online in advance)
- Concessions - £19.00 (£17.00 online in advance)
- Children - £11.00 (£10.00 online in advance) FREE WITH TEDDY BEAR*
- Family 2 adults and up to 3 children - £43.00
The Ravenstor incline is included in the price of a day rover however if passengers wish to travel to Ravenstor online, the fare is £6.00. This includes the Family Fossil Trail at The National Stone Centre which is taking place Monday to Friday.
* with any full fare paying Adult or Concession ticket. Day tickets for children under 5 are always free.
Map of the Railway showing Shottle and Holloway Road
Due to the landslip at Duffield, the train will travel to just outside Duffield, to Holloway Road and then return. There is no platform at Holloway Road and passengers cannot join or leave the train there. Duffield Station is temporarily closed.