Your Golden Ticket awaits...
The Derbyshire Dales have a secret! Many years ago, whilst flying through the skies above, Santa looked down from his sleigh and saw how beautiful the rolling hills looked in the snow.
“If only every boy and girl could see the magic below” he said to himself. Then, in the distance, Santa heard a noise that even he, with everything that he has heard before, thought was the most magical noise that he had ever heard. That sound was the sound of a steam engine, and it was at that moment that the most magical train ride was born!
When Santa arrived home he began to work on his new project, finding elves to build a station for him to use, finding the best onboard hosts who love Christmas. They must believe in him and his Christmas magic! Of course, not forgetting the most scrumptious hot chocolate makers in the world.
Now the train is ready your golden ticket awaits! Your train departs from Wirksworth’s beautiful old station soon so now join us and step into our wonderful world of Christmas imagination. Get your golden ticket ready, this is going to be a ride you will remember!
Immersive new Christmas theatrical production on board our steam train, a new performance designed in 2020 to meet the Coronavirus Government guidelines.
- Steam train ride from Wirksworth to 'Santa's Station' (approx 5 miles) and back, with a heritage diesel locomotive on the other end
- Private compartment for your family seating up to 6 passengers
- Experience the magic from the moment you arrive on the platform to the moment you leave. Sing along with the Porters as they dance, sing and entertain throughout the journey telling the story of Santa's railway
- Look out for Mr Tickets and the Woodland Puppets
- Hot Chocolate and Cookies for every passenger on board
- Santa will visit the door of every compartment & there will be presents for the children
- Show runtime including train ride approx 1 hour 45 mins
You will receive a confirmation e-mail at the time of booking and your Golden Ticket will be available for collection as the show begins.
- Tickets are sold per compartment, which can seat up to six passengers
- Prices range from £55.00 to £70.00 per compartment (not per person) according to date, regardless of occupancy
- A very limited number of 1st Class compartments are available on each train priced at £65.00 to £80.00 per compartment (not per person) according to date. First Class compartments feature upgraded seat comfort
- Occupancy of compartment must be chosen upon booking (adult, child or seat vacant)
- Parties of more than 6 passengers will require a second compartment
Please familiarise yourselves with our Cancellation Policy for this event below.
Designed with COVID-19 guidelines in mind
- Enjoy a private compartment on board the train for your family/support bubble, perfect for Social Distancing. If you're with your family/support bubble then face coverings are not required inside your compartment but we do recommend them if you're likely to be near to other visitors
- Watch the action unfold in the corridor of the train, characters do not enter your compartment
- Character costumes have PPE for the actors built in
- Characters from the show will control the boarding and disembarking at the end to help with Social Distancing. The platform has 2m markings to help you
- Passengers do not leave the train at Santa's Station
- Brand new toilets at Wirksworth Station. Let one of the Porters know if you need to use the loo on board the train
- Enhanced train cleaning between performances
If a member of your group is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, please do not travel to the railway and review our Cancellation Policy below.
Personalised Show Goodie Box
Settle in for the ride!
Pre-order your Personalised Show Goodie Box when booking your compartment (sold per person), full of naughty but nice treats for the journey.
Each box contains:
Presented with a personalised label on the box. The checkout provides you with the opportunity to provide us with the person's name for the label (please check it is spelt correctly).
Whilst the railway has put into place many changes to meet the Coronavirus guidelines as they are at the time of design (end of August), we acknowledge that circumstances out of our control may alter arrangements at short notice.
- In the event of the railway being required to cancel the performance/trains due to a tightening of Government restrictions in relation to Coronavirus or bad weather, the railway will endeavour to offer e-vouchers in the first instance, followed by a full refund. The railway will contact you in this event.
- Should you be required to stay at home due to exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, then please contact us as soon as possible to make arrangements either to move to an alternative show if capacity and isolation period allow. If you let us know 24 hours or more before your booked performance is due to start, we will endeavour to provide either e-vouchers or a refund. If you let us know you will not be attending on the day of the performance or afterwards then we will only be able to offer e-vouchers as provisions will have been made (presents, drinks etc) for your booking.