We have exciting plans for this event which will be gradually released here as it nears so be sure to check back regularly!
A one-off Class 14 Spectacular!
Following on from the iconic event held in 2014 at the East Lancashire Railway to celebrate 50 years since the class were introduced, the EVR is planning to celebrate the class reaching their diamond jubilee. It is planned for the weekend to feature several members of the class operating together to especially include locomotives which were not operational at the time of the 2014 event. It is also planned to be a ‘swan-song’ for D9537 which is due to be withdrawn at the end of the event for overhaul works to commence.
Click here to download a list of local accommodation.
Expected to feature so far:
- Class 14 D9537 "Eric"
- Class 14 D9525
- Class 14 D9551 based at the Severn Valley Railway
- Class 14 D9504 based at the Kent & East Sussex Railway
Ticketing details are still to be confirmed. Details will appear here once they have been finalised.
To be successful the event is looking for corporate sponsorship to assist with the costs of transporting locomotives to and from the railway. We have designed corporate sponsorship packages for businesses and stakeholders who may be interested in assisting with the event.
- Small colour advert in the event programme
- Small advert on the event’s web page with same artwork
- 6 complementary tickets for the event to be used any day Thu-Sun
- Medium colour advert in the event programme
- Medium advert on the event’s web page with same artwork
- 10 persons to visit on the Wednesday Corporate Day for a ride from Wirksworth to Duffield and return with a complementary tea or coffee for each person
- Large colour advert in the event programme
- Large advert on the event’s web page with same artwork
- 10 persons to visit on the Wednesday Corporate Day for a three-course meal in our Derbyshire Countryman dining car served during the journey between Wirksworth and Duffield
- Contact us to discuss larger sponsorship opportunities
Train Timetables for the Event
To be confirmed. Check back regularly for updates.
- Breakfast service on board
NS - Non-stop
NS - Not booked to stop