There are five narrow gauge quarry tipper wagons, two near Baileycroft Tunnel entrance (the narrow gauge tunnel) at the north end of the station yard and three at Ravenstor. They were used for the manual collection and moving of limestone in local quarries.
This type of wagon was very common in old days for industrial uses. The five wagons here have been rebuilt from scrap chassis, which vary in design. There are no details of the original chassis builders or original build dates, but this type of wagon was very common between 1850 and 1950.
|Class or Type: