Welcome to the 10th Classic Bus and Coach Rally at Wirksworth Station. We have an array of vintage vehicles on display at Wirksworth Station and of course, our steam and diesel railcar trains will be playing their part. Some of the vintage buses will also be offering socially-distanced passenger rides around the Carsington Water area (limited capacity, first come first served).
The Station Cafe at Wirksworth, museum and gift shops will also be open to make an interesting summer Sunday.
The following vintage buses and coaches are scheduled to attend:
- Leyland PD2 337 AOW 1950
- Daimler CVG6 GNU 266C 1965
- AEC Routemaster WLT 467 1960
- AEC Regal KNU 446 1946
- Guy Arab V 6219TF 1963
- London & Country Greenway 359 UHG 736R 1976
- AEC Regal V LJX 198 1952
- Bristol RELH6L YCH 890M 1974
- Crosville Vintage TBC
- Tilling Stevens GOU 732 1949
- Leyland Titan JNN 384 1947
- Mercedes 709D N409 HVT 1995
- Leyland National 2 BVP 808V 1980
- Leyland Leopard JHA 227L 1973
- Leyland Tiger EKA 220Y 1979
- Dennis Javelin YU05 ZKV 2005
All buses given in good faith and are subject to availability on the day.
Some of the buses will be doing free tours of the local area. These are limited capacity on a first-come first-served basis due to social distancing. Face coverings must be worn.
10:55 from Wirksworth to Belper Bus Station YCH 890M
11:55 from Wirksworth around Carsington Water WLT 467 & JHA 227L
12:55 from Wirksworth around Carsington Water BVP 808V & GOU 732
13:55 from Wirksworth around Carsington Water WLT 467 & N409 HVT
14:55 from Wirksworth around Carsington Water WLT 467 & JNN 384
15:55 from Wirksworth around Carsington Water Notts & Derby Dennis Javelin
Ticketing & Pricing
Due to the extension of Coronavirus restrictions, we have developed special ticketing arrangements for this event which promote social distancing on the train.
- You can purchase a set price ONE WAY ticket for ONE or TWO people for £14.00 starting at either Wirksworth or Duffield
- You can purchase a set price ONE WAY ticket for THREE or FOUR people for £25.00 starting at either Wirksworth or Duffield
- We have set price RETURN JOURNEY bundles for ONE or TWO or THREE or FOUR people for £25.00 or £48.00 respectively
All tickets include hop on / hop off Ravenstor incline service, subject to social distancing capacity.
- Use the timetable below to work out which times you would like to travel and whether it is a steam or diesel railcar train. The system will ask you what time(s) you would like to travel.
- Passengers will be seated in a private compartment on board the steam service or on their own socially-distanced row inside the diesel railcar.
- Face coverings are to be worn whilst on board the heritage railcar unless you are exempt.
- Remaining tickets to capacity will be available on a first-come-first-served basis on the day.