About this Event
Our popular Summer Diesel Gala is back featuring a range of our home fleet heritage diesel locomotives and also visiting Class 33 33102 'Sophie' courtesy of the North Staffordshire Railway Company and the Churnet Valley Railway. Trains will be operating to a special timetable with locomotives working in a variety of combinations.
The line up so far consists of:
- British Railways Class 14 D9537 "Eric" Now a resident on the railway, this powerful little locomotive features once again.
- British Railways Class 31 31601 "Devon Diesel Society" One for the English Electric fans amongst us.
- British Railways Class 33 33102 "Sophie" Normally based at the Churnet Valley Railway in Staffordshire, 'Sophie' is reunited with fellow classmate 'Swordfish' for the event.
- British Railways Class 33 33103 "Swordfish" 'Swordfish' remains a star performer.
- British Railways Class 73 73210 "Selhurst" This versatile locomotive provides a third Southern region locomotive.