About this Event
Our popular Diesel Weekend is back for enthusiasts and features our exciting line up of diesel locomotives alongside a selection of ales and ciders available to purchase onboard. We have regular special event timetable running on Friday and Saturday, with our Purple Timetable on Sunday. Friday and Saturday we will have special pre-bookable meals for you to enjoy on the train.
The line up so far consists of:
- British Railways Class 08 08605 "G.R. Walker" One of the class of popular diesel shunting locomotives which was recently named after our Chief Mechanical Engineeer who sadly passed away last year. Courtesy of Riviera Trains.
- British Railways Class 14 D9537 "Eric" This previous visitor is back for a longer spell on the railway.
- British Railways Class 31 31601 "Devon Diesel Society" This locomotive made a debut at our Diesel Weekend in August.
- British Railways Class 33 33103 "Swordfish" 'Swordfish' remains a star performer.
- British Railways Class 73 73210 "Selhurst" This versatile locomotive will be stretching it's legs again after debuting last August.
Pie & Pea Supper
Friday Evening - 17:00
Enjoy a Pie & Pea Supper served at Wirksworth for taking on board the train at 17.00. We have a selection of pies available served with mushy peas and gravy. Pre-order yours online for £7.00 and the rest will be available on the day at £8.00 on a first-come-first-served basis. If you don't have a Rover ticket, a one off special travel supplement of £7.00 for that train is available.
Hot Pork Bap Supper
Saturday Evening - 17:00
Succulent hot pork baps with stuffing and apple sauce and a side of potato wedges for taking on board the train will be served at Wirksworth at 17:00. Pre-order yours online for £7.00 and the rest will be available on the day at £8.00 on a first-come-first-served basis. If you don't have a Rover ticket, a one off special travel supplement of £7.00 for that train is available.
Here is a comprehensive list of local guest houses, B&Bs and hotels.