Deltic Operating Days 2022
We have a number of operating days scheduled for the locomotive to operate public services including:
- Saturday 7th & Sunday 8th May
- Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th May
- Saturday 21st & Sunday 22nd May
- Tuesday 14th June
- Tuesday 5th July (Was originally Tuesday 28th June however there is now engineering work on that day)
The special Jubilee Bank Holiday Weekend Thursday 2nd, Friday 3rd, Saturday 4th & Sunday 5th June!
Dates shown are planned dates subject to availability. Circumstances out of our control may occasionally require alterations to the planned schedule.
Drive a Deltic!
We have designed a special driving experience for the visit of the locomotive in addition to our regular experiences. This is your unique opportunity to drive such a powerful and special locomotive along the Ecclesbourne Valley! With limited dates available, don't miss out on fulfilling your dream!
The experience includes:
- A welcome briefing with tea and coffee
- One return trip to Duffield at the controls of 55019 "Royal Highland Fusilier" departing from Wirksworth, with coaches in tow
- Tickets for two guests to accompany you, riding in the coaches behind
- A presentation certificate afterwards
Please contact us if you would like to discuss hiring the locomotive for a full day driving experience or a corporate event.
Dine Behind a Deltic
On selected dates, our popular Derbyshire Countryman dining experiences will be hauled by a Deltic!
Enjoy our Classic Countryman Luxury Afternoon Tea service on Saturday 14th May with a glass of fizz as you board before you are presented with a beautiful vintage stand for a service of freshly made sandwiches, scones with jam and cream and selection of cake and pastries. Not forgetting our fine selection of Taylor's of Harrogate tea or coffee!
Step on board our Sunday Countryman on Sunday 15th May when we'll service a three course luncheon of soup of the day with a fresh bread roll followed by roast topside of Derbyshire beef, homemade Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes, seasonal vegetables with a side of gravy and cheesecake of the day with fresh cream.
Advance booking is essential.