Join us for a fun evening excursion on Saturday 25th as we host a professionally-acted Murder Mystery evening with fish and chips at Duffield
More information on this special page. Pre-booking is a must!
About this Event
Come to the Ecclesbourne Valley Railway and travel back to the 1950s with this Bank Holiday Weekend event.
- Steam and heritage diesel trains between Wirksworth and Duffield are running to the Orange timetable all weekend - see below.
- Steam trains between Wirksworth and Ravenstor are running hourly (supplement applies)
- Get into period costume and receive £2.00 off your Day Rover ticket (walk up fare only; costume dress is encouraged but not a necessity)
- Live Jazz music on the platform at Wirksworth
- Various displays of objects, adverts and even classic vehicles. The carbolic soap is at the ready!
|Wirksworth and Duffield|
Passengers wishing to arrive at Duffield by main line rail services should be aware that it is a Rail Replacement Bus service during this weekend due to the Resignalling Project at Derby Station. Please see Derby 2018 website for more details.
The timetable for the Wirksworth and Duffield line will be the Orange Timetable:
|Dep Duffield||11:12||12:12||13:12||14:12||15:12||16:12||17:12||Pass Shottle||11:26||12:26||13:26||14:26||15:26||16:26||17:26||Dep Idridgehay||11:31||12:31||13:31||14:31||15:31||16:31||17:31|
The Ravenstor line will operate at regular intervals from 11:50 until 15:50.
Passengers cannot alight at Shottle when travelling between Duffield and Shottle with this timetable, therefore single tickets are not available in this direction.