The aim of the Ecclesbourne Valley Railway Association is to support the Ecclesbourne Valley Railway by providing the voluntary workforce for operations and maintenance and protecting and interpreting the historical interest to visitors in a manner which is both educational and fun for the members of the Association and the general public.
The association was formed in 1997 and became a charitable company limited by guarantee in 2002.
Find out about the projects we have supported and our current progress on our projects page.
150th Anniversary Model Railway Wagon
EVRA has commissioned a 00 scale wagon from Bachmann to celebrate the 150th Anniversary of the opening of the Duffield to Wirksworth Branch and the 20th Anniversary of the founding of EVRA.
The wagon is in the livery of Swift Hazelwood. Herbert Swift was Station Master at Hazelwood from 1890 to 1926 and the family were also coal merchants and owned two wagons, the subject of the model.
Now in stock - It is a limited edition of 504; each with an individually numbered information certificate. It is priced at £16.50 collected from the EVRA Shop at Wirksworth or £20 including P&P. The wagon can be preordered using form available at the EVRA Shop or by downloading the form here or buying online with PayPal below: (please ensure your PayPal address is correct if using a PayPal account)
Association's Events 2017
- Jazz & Real Ale on Rails Saturday 29th April - 7pm, Wirksworth. Steam hauled. Download the leaflet - Fully booked.
Steam hauled Cheese and Wine evening
Saturday 20th May - 7pm, Wirksworth.
A plate of a variety cheese and biscuits on the journey to Duffield and a different selection on the return journey with a bottle of wine. Download the leaflet - .
Cider with Rosie evening
Saturday 9th September.
Try a cider tipple on the train in an evening hosted by the EVRA. Further details to come.
Steam engine driving experiences
See the experiences page for details, available dates and buy online!
Download the leaflet for more information. View the results here.
Steam on the incline
We will be operating steam services on the Ravenstor incline on select dates during 2017. Call 01629 823076 for information.
View the general timetable (including all services).
At Wirksworth Station. Selling second hand books, railwayana and new Bachmann model railway items. Read more
View benefits and become a member today.
See the box on this page above/right.
The Weather Lottery
Support us by playing EVRA Lottery with TheWeatherLottery.com.
The Association is a charitable membership organisation formed as a company limited by guarantee and is governed by its Memorandum and Articles of Association. Each principal member of the Association is, therefore a member of the company and has a right to attend and vote at the company general meetings. Members support the Association by volunteering their services free, by paying an annual subscription and by making donations.
The main charitable objectives of the Association are:
- to restore, renovate, preserve, maintain and operate the railway between Duffield and Ravenstor Stations, as a working heritage railway, for the enjoyment of the general public, providing both educational and entertainment activities The Association continues to support specific projects undertaken by WyvernRail plc, which in the Trustees' opinion are in line with the Association’s charitable activities.
- to restore, renovate, preserve and maintain artefacts and other heritage features connected with the Ecclesbourne Valley Railway
- Purchase, restoration and maintenance of heritage railway rolling stock
- The Association continues to support specific projects undertaken by WyvernRail plc, which are in line with the Association’s charitable activities.